Fall Harvest Mashed Potatoes
Creamy yellow mashed potatoes with roasted garlic and butternut squash, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and topped with thyme leaves.
Recipe Source: Potato Goodness
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup vegan butternut squash soup
- 10 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1 Tbsp sage, rubbed
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp thyme leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- In a frying pan or skillet, on low medium heat, add oil and garlic cloves and slowly cook until soft and comes to a translucent light golden-brown color.
- Rinse and peel yellow potatoes, then cut into small cubes, and place in a large pot and fill with enough water to cover potatoes. Then turn on to high heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook potatoes for 30 minutes or until they are fork tender. Drain water and shake off excess liquids. And then place potatoes in a bowl, add roasted garlic then using a food mill, hand/stand mixer or a fork, mash potatoes until smooth or desired consistency.
- While waiting for potatoes to cook, in a pot add vegetable stock and vegan butternut squash soup and stir until combined and gently heat to a simmer. Then slightly cool and set aside. (For vegan butternut squash soup, check the soup or broth section at your grocery store of choice, or a health foods store, like Whole Foods.)
- Add liquids, roasted garlic, rubbed sage, salt, and black pepper to mashed potatoes and fold together until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, place mashed potatoes in a serving dish or platter, drizzle olive oil and garnish with thyme leaves.