Summer Potato, Fennel, and Smoked Salmon Chowder
A light zesty summer broth made with yellow potatoes and crisp fennel flavored with lemon zest and dill garnished with juicy pieces of smoked salmon.
- 4 cups (558 g) yellow potatoes, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (115 g) fennel, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups white onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp (12 g) lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 quarts (1.9 liters) vegetable stock
- 1 14-ounce can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp dill fronds
- 6 ounces (170 g) smoked salmon
- In a large pot, on medium high heat, add olive oil then sauté onions and fennel for 2 minutes, then add in yellow potatoes, salt and pepper sauté for another 2 minutes, then add in vegetable stock, cream of celery, lemon zest, celery, corn, and bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are fully cooked or fork tender for about 40 minutes. Then finish with lemon juice and lightly stir to combine.
- To serve, ladle soup into a bowl then garnish with smoked salmon chunks and dill fronds. Exclude smoked salmon to keep vegetarian.