Easy Weeknight Potato Sausage Soup
This super simple 30-minute weeknight soup is a healthy and delicious meal for your busy family. Pair it with some crusty bread for a quick and easy delight!
Like this recipe? Want more?
Check out our recipe book.
- 3lbs. Michigan Russet potatoes ½” dice
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1lb. Italian turkey sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2qts. chicken stock
- 1 head of kale, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot saute the chopped onion for approximately 5 minutes over medium heat until translucent.
- Add crumpled turkey sausage and cook thoroughly.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes
- Add chicken stock and potatoes, bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are fork tender. 15-20 minutes.
- Add kale, salt and pepper to taste, and red pepper if desired. Simmer an additional 8-10 minutes until kale is completely wilted.