Power Baked Potato
A traditional baked potato is given a powerful boost with the addition of protein-rich ricotta, baby spinach and flavorful pesto.
- 1 Russet baking potato, about 10 oz.
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta
- ¾ cup baby spinach leaves, chopped if desired
- 1 ½ Tablespoons pesto, homemade or store bought
- Wash the potato and pat dry. Prick with fork 4-5 times on both sides. Place on a microwave safe plate and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Use oven mitts to flip the potato and microwave an additional 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and set aside.
- While the potato is cooking, mix together the ricotta and pesto in a bowl.
- When potato has cooled enough, split open the potato and stuff in the baby spinach leaves. Top with the ricotta-pesto mixture, and enjoy.