Potato & Steak Kebabs
Grilled russet potatoes and steak covered in a fresh chimichurri sauce.
- 2 medium-sized russet potatoes (about 300 grams), cubed
- 2 quarts (1,892 ml) water
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cubed
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion, cubed
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, cubed
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, cubed
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp shallots, minced
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Fresno chili, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp oregano, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- In a pot, pour water and cubed russet potatoes, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until just fork tender about 20-25 minutes. Then strain and run cold water over to stop cooking process. Set aside.
- To make chimichurri sauce, in a bowl, combine shallot, chili, garlic, vinegar and salt and let sit 10 minutes. Then stir in cilantro, parsley, and oregano. Using a fork whisk in olive oil. Then set aside.
- Chop red onion, green and orange bell peppers into cubes, roughly same size.
- In a bowl, add cubed steak, olive oil, salt, and pepper and mix until steak is coated evenly.
- Using a skewer, alternate cool cubed potato, green bell pepper, orange bell pepper, red onion, steak cube until skewer is filled. Then grill skewers until steak is done at 130°F-140°F (54°C-60°C) for medium rare about 3–5 minutes or grill to desired doneness. Rotate skewers to grill both sides.
- Lay done skewer on a platter and generously drizzle chimichurri sauce on top and serve immediately.