Michigan Potatoes make a great alternative to bread for a satisfying and delicious appetizer your family will love.
Like this recipe? Want more?
Check out our recipe book.
- 1 lb. Michigan russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt - pepper to taste
- 2 cups diced fresh ripe tomato
- 8oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Slice potatoes approximately 1/4" thick on mandolin slicer.
- Toss with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a single layer on baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, stir together remaining oil, tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Top potatoes with mozzarella and tomato mixture, drizzle balsamic on top and serve immediately.