Michigan Potato Kabobs
Michigan Potatoes are the perfect canvas for your new favorite cookout meal!
Like this recipe? Want more?
Check out our recipe book.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, rosemary, marjoram and sage)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 lb. Michigan red potatoes
- 1 (12-oz.) package precooked chicken sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick on the diagonal
- 1 bell pepper (any color), cubed
- 1 red onion
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan until very hot; remove from heat and stir in garlic.
- Let cool, then stir in herbs, salt, lemon juice and pepper; set aside.
- Place potatoes in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Note: If using plastic wrap, make sure plastic wrap is not touching any ingredients and poke one small hole in cover to vent.
- Microwave on high for 5 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are mostly tender (cooking time may vary depending on microwave).
- When cool enough to handle, cut into large chunks. Thread potatoes, sausage and vegetables onto skewers.
- Grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with a little of the herb mixture during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Remove from grill and place on a platter; drizzle with remaining herb mixture.