Gluten-Free Michigan Potato Lasagna
This gluten-free lasagna recipe offers a great alternative to pasta...Michigan potatoes!
Like this recipe? Want more?
Check out our recipe book.
- 2 links Italian turkey sausage
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups gluten-free marinara sauce, divided
- 1 ¼ pounds thinly sliced Michigan Yukon Gold potatoes divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Remove sausage from casing and crumble into a medium skillet with onion.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until both are browned, breaking up sausage with the back of a spoon.
- Stir together ricotta, basil, garlic powder and egg white in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the dish, forming a solid layer with no gaps.
- Drop 1/2 the ricotta mixture in spoonfuls over the top and spread out just a little.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the mozzarella and 1/2 the sausage mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup more sauce then repeat potato, cheese, and meat layers.
- Top with the last layer of potatoes, remaining sauce, and mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown.