Green Goddess Potato Salad
Tender potatoes in an herb yogurt dressing with fennel, asparagus, and eggs.
Like this recipe? Want more?
Check out our recipe book.
- 2 lbs. Michigan yellow potatoes, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh Asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup fennel, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chives, cut into ½ inch pieces
Herb Yogurt Dressing
- 2/3 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh tarragon
- 1/3 cup fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ½ teaspoon kosher Salt
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cultured buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare the potato salad, place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold water so the potatoes are submerged. Add the salt and place over high heat. Bring the potatoes to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the potatoes for roughly 15-20 minutes or until they are just fork-tender. Add the asparagus and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Drain the potatoes and asparagus and allow to cool completely. While you wait for the potatoes to cool cook the eggs.
- To cook the eggs, bring a pot of water to a boil and gently add the eggs, set a timer for 11 minutes, when the time goes off remove the eggs from the water and immediately place them into a bowl of ice water. Peel the eggs and slice, set aside until ready to serve.
- To make the dressing, in a blender combine the basil, tarragon, dill, garlic, capers, salt, yogurt, mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, and pepper. Blend on high until all ingredients are smooth. Keep the dressing chilled until ready to use. This dressing can be made up to 48 hours in advance.
- To plate up toss the potatoes and asparagus in half of the dressing. Arrange the dressed vegetables on a serving plate and arrange some of the sliced fennel on top of the dressed veggies, lightly drizzle some of the remaining dressing on top, and garnish with the egg slices and fresh chives.