Apple Bacon Potato Salad
Michigan apples add a unique and delicious twist to an already amazing Michigan potato salad. It's a match only made in Michigan!
Like this recipe? Want more?
Check out our recipe book.
- 5 lbs. red skin Michigan potatoes
- ½ lb. thick cut applewood smoked bacon, cooked
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ green apple, diced
- ¼ bunch - parsley, minced
- ¼ bunch - dill, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. sweet relish
- Dice unpeeled potatoes and boil in salted water until fork tender
- Toss peppers, onion and green apple with the lemon juice
- Drain potatoes well and let cool for at least 5 minutes
- Add peppers, onion, apple mixture along with precooked bacon, parsley, dill and garlic to cooled potatoes
- Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese, stir to combine well
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving