German Potato Salad
Served warm or cold German potato salad is a delicious twist on your typical holiday favorite. Loaded with bacon and featuring a dijon vinegar dressing, you'll be sure to surprise and delight your family with this new favorite!
- 2 pounds Michigan red potatoes diced
- 1 pound bacon diced
- 1medium red onion diced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Olive oil to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in diced potatoes and boil until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a cold large skillet. Heat over medium heat and cook bacon until crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon from grease and set aside, leaving grease in the pan.
- Add red onion to grease and cook 5 minutes until onions are soft. Whisk in vinegar, olive oil (optional), sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over cooked potatoes. Toss with bacon and parsley. Serve hot, or chill to serve cold.