Easy Michigan Potato Salad
Perfect for serving along any protein that’s gracing your grill this summer, this simple potato salad serves up all the rich flavor of your family’s favorite, without the expected calories!
- 1 1/2 lbs. Michigan red potatoes
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe dish. Cover dish. (If covering dish with plastic wrap, poke small hole in plastic).
- Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes depending on strength of microwave.
- Use oven mitts to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover from dish due to steam build-up and let cool.
- Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl with remaining ingredients; stir well to mix.
- This salad may be served right away, but is best if refrigerated for at least one hour to allow flavors to blend.