All American Potato Salad
This perfect potato salad is great for summer barbecues and picnics. Michigan red potatoes hold up great with the creamy but bold flavors of this all-American staple!
Like this recipe? Want more?
Check out our recipe book.
- 2lbs Michigan Red Potatoes (Size B)
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt (for cooking potatoes)
- ½ c celery, 1/8” dice
- ½ c mayonnaise
- ¼ cup dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons red onions, 1/8-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard, or yellow mustard
- ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced into 1/4"cubes (optional)
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 3/4-inch dice. Immediately place them in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1 inch.
- Boil water over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt, reduce heat to medium, and simmer. Stir a few times, until potatoes are fork tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and transfer back to the pot.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together potatoes, celery, mayonnaise, vinegar, relish, onion, parsley, mustard, ¾ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, onion powder and chopped eggs (optional). Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with more parsley, celery, and onion if desired.