Carrot "Cake" Potato Performance Muffins
A delicious and nutritious spiced muffin using baked potato, cooked carrots, spices and nuts for a performance-oriented twist on classic carrot cake flavors.
Recipe Source: Potato Goodness
Like this recipe? Want more?
Check out our recipe book.
- 1 cup baked potato, cooled (russet potato with skin)
- 1/2 cup sliced cooked carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 banana, peeled
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Optional: ½ cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put baked potato, carrots, banana and eggs into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, and mix in remaining ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in nuts and raisins, if desired.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and evenly pour batter into 9 of the cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely before eating. Extra muffins can be stored in fridge for up to 5 days or in freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw frozen muffins in fridge for a few hours before eating.