Apple Cinnamon Potato Bread
Try this healthy apple cinnamon potato bread for your next post-workout snack! It is rich in carbohydrates, and is ready in under an hour!
Recipe Source: Bucket List Tummy
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked russet potatoes, mashed (about 2 medium)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oat flour (oats ground into flour)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 medium apples, diced with skin
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- To a small bowl, add the egg, mashed potatoes, coconut oil, yogurt and maple syrup. Whisk until combined.
- To another bowl, add flour, oat flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix the dry into the wet ingredients, folding the apples in last.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 47-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.