Southwest Ranch Potato Egg Cups
Tender eggs and melted cheese are baked around seasoned diced potatoes, peppers, and onions in muffin tins. Perfect for an on-the-go start to your day.
- 3 cups Frozen or Fresh Diced Potatoes
- ¾ cup Green Bell Pepper, diced
- ¾ cup White Onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Ranch Powder Seasoning
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1-1/2 cups Sour Cream
- As Needed Salsa (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F
- If using fresh potatoes, cook them by placing diced fresh potatoes in a pot and cover them with water. Place the potatoes over medium high heat and cook for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool until they can be handled.
- Arrange a ¼ cup of frozen diced potatoes into 5-ounce muffin tins that have been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Add 1 tablespoon of diced peppers, and a tablespoon of diced onions with each muffin tin, on top of the potatoes.
- Place the muffin tin into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Carefully sprinkle the tops of all the veggies in the muffin tin with some ranch powder seasoning.
- Crack the eggs together in a bowl and beat with a fork until mixed well.
- Carefully pour the eggs over the veggies in the muffin tins until just slightly below the rim.
- Top the eggs with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese, place the potatoes in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing the egg cups from the muffin tins.
- Serve with Salsa and Sour Cream. Enjoy