Quick Chile Lime Potato Tacos
This recipe is great for people who crave Mexican food but strive to consume fewer calories.
- 1/2 lb. yellow or red potatoes, cut into bite-size cubes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 lb diced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup red chili enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped poblano, anaheim, or bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed or crunchy taco shells
- 8 lime wedges
- Shredded cabbage or romaine lettuce
- Diced tomato
- Diced avocado
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet liberally with cooking spray. Add potatoes and onion; cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring and coating with cooking spray occasionally. Stir in chicken, pepper and seasoning and cook for 5 minutes more. Add red chili enchilada sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place equal amounts of cheese on each tortilla and heat in a skillet until cheese is melted. Add potato mixture and any other desired toppings. Serve with lime wedge.