Holiday Potato Sugar Cookies
Flaky, buttery, and delicious. These holiday cookies are great for decorating this holiday season!
- 1-1/2 cups (340g) Salted Butter, softened
- 2 cups (450g) Granulated Sugar
- 4 each (215g) Large Eggs
- 5 cups (675g) Cake Flour
- 1 cup (50g) Dehydrated Potato Flakes (Instant Mashed Potatoes)
- 1/2 tablespoon (8ml) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon (2g) Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons (2g) Kosher Salt
- In a stand mixer or in a bowl with a hand mixer cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. With the mixer running at low speed add the eggs one at a time, waiting until fully incorporated before adding another.
- Add the vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, mix gently until the dough is combined. Add the potato flakes and mix again until combined.
- Using a 2-ounce portion scoop out 30 cookies. Arrange the cookies on a sheet pan, you should get 6-8 cookies per pan when properly spaced. Pat the cookies down slightly so they are 2 inches in diameter and about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake the cookies at 350 °F (177 °C) for 10 minutes. For best results place the rack of your oven directly in the center.
- Be sure to cool the cookies on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Make sure cookies are completely cool before decorating.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days (they won’t last long because you’ll eat them all).