Chipotle Mashed Potatoes
This exciting recipe is guaranteed to spice up your everyday mashed potatoes!
Recipe Source: Potato Goodness
- 3 medium (5 to 6-ounce) white potatoes
- 6 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoons minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Leave skin on or peel potatoes and cut into 1" chunks
- Place potato pieces in medium pot and pour over enough water (or reduced-sodium broth) to cover.
- Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain, then shake potatoes over low heat 1 minute to dry. Mash with potato masher or fork
- Mix in milk, cheese, chipotle peppers, cumin, and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.