Steakhouse BBQ Fries
Quick and Healthy Steakhouse Baked Barbecue Fries are perfect for your next cookout.
Like this recipe? Want more?
Check out our recipe book.
- 1 1 1/2 lbs. Michigan Russet potatoes, scrubbed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground or cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a large baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe dish. Cover dish. (If covering dish with plastic wrap, poke small hole in plastic.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes depending on strength of microwave. Use oven mitts to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover from dish due to steam build-up and let cool.
- Cut each potato into 8 wedges. Place in a large bowl and toss with olive oil; spread in a single layer on baking sheet. Stir together salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Brush potato wedges with barbecue sauce then sprinkle seasonings over potato wedges.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Spray with olive oil cooking spray, turn wedges and spray again.
- Bake for 10 minutes more or until fries are golden brown and delicious. Serve immediately.