Potatoes take a walk on the spicy side in the bold yet light side dish. It’s seasoned with a flavor-packed charmoula (pesto-like sauce), grilled and sprinkled with a Moroccan spice blend.
Like this recipe? Want more?
Check out our recipe book.
- 1 1/2 lbs. assorted red, yellow and purple potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup charmoula
- 12 1-inch pieces pickled lemon rind
- 12 bay leaves, fresh or dried
- 12 pitted calamata olives
- Moroccan spice blend, as needed
- Simmer potatoes until tender, drain and toss with charmoula. Cool. Thread one cube of each kind of potato onto each of 6 skewers, alternating with 1 bay leaf, 1 piece lemon rind and 1 olive.
- Grill skewers over gas or charcoal grill, turning to form grill marks on each side. Sprinkle with Moroccan spice blend.
- In a blender, purée 3/4 cup cilantro leaves, 3/4 cup parsley leaves, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 6 cloves garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1 1/ 2 teaspoons paprika, 3/8 teaspoon ground cumin and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper. (Yield: 3/4 cup)
- Use a good quality store-bought Moroccan spice blend.