Cheesy Michigan Potato Waffles
Potato waffles are a great way to use those leftovers for a unique and delicious breakfast everyone will enjoy!
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 5 cups Mashed Michigan Potatoes
- 2 cups Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pre-heat the waffle iron and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, buttermilk, and eggs. Stir in the mashed potatoes, green onions and cheddar cheese until mixture is combined.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in 2 stages (do not overmix, batter will get tough).
- Scoop roughly 2/3 cup of batter into the waffle iron and spread it in an even layer. Close the lid and let the waffle bake until it is golden brown.
- Transfer the waffles to a serving plate and then repeat until all the waffles are cooked. Serve as is with sour cream.