Mushroom Tart in Potato Crust
Rich, savory mushrooms fill this crispy and crunchy take on a tart crust that you'll want to make again and again.
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced, divided
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 oz. (1 1/2 cups) assorted mushrooms (such as white, crimini, shiitake and oyster), sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped, or 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Combine potatoes, half the green onions, half the Parmesan cheese and half the pepper in large bowl.
- Stir in half the eggs and mix until well blended.
- Coat 8-inch tart pan (with removable bottom) with butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread potato mixture evenly on bottom and up sides of pan.
- Place tart on baking sheet and bake in preheated 475ºF oven 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 375ºF.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook three minutes; remove from heat. Stir in feta cheese, milk, thyme and remaining green onions, Parmesan cheese, pepper and eggs. Pour mushroom mixture into potato crust.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.