Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Presque Isle Potato Field Day
Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 11:00 AM until 2:00 PM
Wilk Variety Trial
(Lunch sponsored by Great Lakes Agri. Service Inc., Wilbur-Ellis Company)
4500 Lake Augusta Hwy.
Hawks, MI 49743
MPIC Field Days
Field Day Agenda
Field Day will be held at the Wilk Variety Trial, 4500 Lake Augusta Hwy., Hawks, MI 49743
- 11:00 am Welcome and Local Crop Update James DeDecker, Agriculture Educator, MSU Extension
- 11:15 am Michigan Potato Industry Overview, Mike Wenkel, Executive Director, Michigan Potato Industry Commission
- 11:30 am Seed Industry Update, Jeff Axford, Executive Director, Michigan Seed Potato Association
- 11:45 am Variety Trial Report, Chris Long, Potato Specialist, MSU, Joe Coombs, Research Assistant, MSU
- 12:15 pm Nematode Management in Potatoes, Marisol Quintanilla, Academic Specialist, MSU Dept. of Entomology
- 1:00 pm Lunch at Lakeside Park, 150 N Lake St.; Rogers City, MI 49779
Sponsored by: Great Lakes Agri. Service, Inc. and Wilbur-Ellis Company